Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Rubberneckin'

What is it with people rubberneckin' at an accident that they see? Sorry, I forget sometimes not everyone even knows what that means. Definitely not the Elvis song. But you know the remix to that song is really cool to listen to in your car when you are sitting in traffic.

Oh yea, back to people rubberneckin'. Southern definition of this word is some idiot passing by a car accident, breaking his or her neck to see what happened. And when they rubberneck, they create a change reaction of slowing traffic down to a complete stop 5 miles from the accident.

What exactly is it that they expect to see? A head with no body, maybe an arm or leg. I don't know about you, but I absolutely refuse to look. Just in case there is a head with no body or any other limbs that I don't care to see.

I don't want to have a dream that I'm waking up like that guy in the movie Godfather. But instead of a horse head, it's the head from some accident I rubbernecked at.

Of course, one day I didn't have alot of choice in the matter. It's kind of hard not to look, when you are meeting another car. And they just decide to drive off the road. The only problem with that, was the side of the road dropped off about 10 feet down. So when the car left the road, it got airborne. Never have seen a car fly before. Definitely a first.

And being that I am a true southern woman, I stopped to make sure the driver was okay. Of course the guy driving was not hurt. Just a little upset about that his car's landing gears didn't hold up to well. You know, his tires. I ask him why he picked that day to practice for his pilots license. He said he had dropped his cigarette in the seat. I don't know about you, but if that had of been me. I think I would have rather had a small hole in my car seat, instead of having to buy 4 new tires for the car. I sure hope that my husband makes that choice if he ever has to.

No comments: