Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Head Is Full Of Cotton

I swear my head feels like someone filled it full of cotton balls. I love the spring time. But as I have gotten older, I started having allergies. So this whole week I have been so sick, that I would have to die to feel better.

Normally I am a very upbeat person. By the time I get to work, I have had a cup of coffee. So I'm usually pretty hyped up. You know on caffeine. But this week even the coffee doesn't help me feel better.

Of course everyone has to ask me if I'm sick. And I say maybe I have a sinus infection or a head cold. But what I really want to say is I may have some kind of infectious disease. And I'm very contagious.

Someone ask me this morning if I felt as bad as I looked. What kind of stupid thing is that for someone to say to somebody. It was so stupid, I didn't even respond to the question. I really wanted to say was, I will get well, what was their excuse for their looks.

I should have asked them if they needed help to get their foot out of their mouth. I know that sometimes I kind of let my mouth get ahead of my brain. I mean I'm famous for it.

But I always care about other peoples feelings. And I never would intentionally hurt someones feelings. Sometimes I think that I worry to much about other people. But don't you think that we have to take care of the people around us. It only takes a few seconds to show someone a little bit of kindness.

You maybe in a hurry, but it only takes a few extra seconds to wait and hold the door for some elderly person. Or ask someone how their day is.

The other day, I had stopped at the store to get something to drink. As I was going into the store, I noticed an elderly lady attempting to put gas into her car. I walked out to her and ask her if I could help her. She said thank you and that she wasn't strong enough to get the gas cap open. I opened the gas cap and told her that I would fill her car up for her. I had to even help her with swiping her credit card. We stood there and chatted while I filled up her car. She said that she hardly went anywhere and she only filled her car about once a month.

Even though I was in a hurry, it only took a few minutes to help this lady. And the way I look at it is, she was someones grandma.

What was I talking about, oh yea. Being sick and people asking me insensitive questions. Like I said I try to think of other peoples feelings. So the next time that you have something to say or do for someone. Think before you speak and think how it affects their feelings.

No comments: