Tuesday, March 18, 2008

What Was I Thinking?

Have you ever tried on and bought clothes, got them home and thought what was I thinking.

I personally think they have magic mirrors in the dressing room. The clothes look really good when you try them on. But what the heck happens after you pay for them and take them home.

At least that's what I think happens. Because I see people with clothes on that I wouldn't walk out of my house wearing. I wonder if you could order those magic mirrors off QVC or Home Shopping Network? I love to buy clothes, just look at my closet. I have some in my closet with the tags still on them that I won't wear because of the hideous look. I would donate them, but I'm so embarrassed that someone would know that I bought such ugly clothes.

But you know what they say one man's trash is another man's treasure. If these clothes are considered someones treasure, they don't have very high standards. Okay maybe they are not that bad. But I swear when I wear some of these clothes, I can hear people snickering after I walk by.

I'm sure there is really not any magic mirrors, but at least we have something to blame for our bad judgement of clothes. Now there is some people who no matter what mirrors they are using should know better than to buy those clothes. You know who you are. You're the person who bought the shirt that is so tight that your back fat rolls show. Hey I have them to, so I can say that. Or you wear pants that are so tight your waist kind of hangs over the sides. If you are not 12 years old, this is not a good look. What do they call that? Oh yea, muffin top.

Come on people you don't have to weigh 100 pounds to look good in your clothes. So stop dressing like you weigh 100 pounds. And ladies and gentlemen dress your age. You also know who you are. I mean come ladies, you can not wear a tube top when you are 60. Not unless you are Cher. And when you go to the beach, it doesn't matter if you are big or small, you cannot wear a bikini. Oh wait, unless you are Cher.

So the next time you go to buy clothes, take along friend. But be sure that they wear a different size than you, because you might like the outfit they try on. And it could be the only one on the rack. Of course I would just tell them how bad it looked on them and then tell the sales clerk to hold it for me. But you have to remember to not wear it when you go anywhere together. I really wouldn't do that to my friends. Would I?

No comments: